You may be eligible for compensation for medical costs and other damages if you were hurt in an accident caused by a negligent commercial driver. Get in touch with our expert truck accident lawyer in Calgary to find out more about the legal process.
Causes of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- The following are the most common causes of commercial vehicle collisions:
- Insufficient training for drivers.
- Inadequately loaded cargo.
- Supervisors that encourage employees to violate the rules regarding working hours in order to expedite the delivery of their routes.
- Negligent management.
- Vehicles in poor condition.
- Distracted drivers.
- Driving in a truck’s blind spots.
Why You Should Hire a Truck Accident Attorney
Have you been in a collision with a commercial vehicle?
You should get in touch with a truck crash lawyer near you right away if you were involved in an accident with heavy vehicles. The sooner you acquire legal counsel, the better.
You might need a qualified attorney to handle your case due to the complexity of truck accident claims and other situations involving commercial vehicle accidents. Your professional truck accident attorney will represent you legally throughout the process and be familiar with the evidence needed to prove your collision.
Here are several reasons why hiring a qualified accident attorney is important:
- These accidents may result in severe damage and injury.
- It involves several parties.
- It is difficult to recognize damage.
- There are various rules and restrictions for this specific industry.
- Insurance claims are complicated to process.
- The most effective legal plan can be developed by experienced and qualified attorneys.
Commencing Legal Action
Due to the transient nature of some evidence, a truck accident investigation should begin immediately. To demonstrate the source of your accident and the extent of your damages, you need to provide supporting documentation. Your right to compensation is upheld if an investigation is initiated as soon as possible. Initiating an investigation helps you to obtain evidence that is time-sensitive.
Examples of Alberta Lawsuits Involving Motorcycle Accidents
You need to be familiar with Alberta’s motor vehicle accident claims (MVAC) programme in case you are involved in an accident and the driver flees the scene without presenting identification. To provide protection and process damage claims, the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Act was established.
Victims should employ payments from MVAC as a last option. You will not be qualified to obtain a settlement from MVAC if there is a potential of receiving compensation, even a partial payment, through insurance.
The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for MVAC claims
- Significant bodily harm to your body.
- You must be an Albertan resident or reside in a province with a comparable programme that would cover Albertans.
- The mishap must have occurred in Alberta.
- An uninsured or unknown driver was responsible for the collision.
- Only another party is at fault.
In Alberta, you normally have two years to file a lawsuit after suffering an injury. Nonetheless, you must notify MVAC of your possible claim for hit-and-runs within 90 days of the incident.
If you have been wounded seriously in an accident and want to learn more about MVAC claims, you can contact our experts. You should be aware that the damage to your vehicles is not covered by these claims. It is important to be aware of every piece of information before you claim a lawsuit.
To find out more about collisions involving commercial vehicles, visit Grover Law Firm or get in touch with our attorneys. Besides other qualified professionals, we have a team of bus accident lawyers in Calgary who can help you with your accident claims.
Contact us and schedule your consultation today!